Evotec has been involved in neuroscience research for over 20 years and through internal and collaborative efforts has built a highly sophisticated and integrated drug discovery platform covering essentially all biological and chemical aspects from target identification to investigational new drug (“IND”).
Evotec has a track record in neuroscience drug discovery of 11 pre-clinical candidates (including back-ups) across 6 mechanisms with 6 compounds evaluated in humans as well as expertise in all major neuroscience therapeutic indications including sleep disorders, epilepsy, neurodegeneration, neuroinflammation and pain.
Our dedicated neuroscience research team of over 100 FTEs has experience and know-how in pursuing both target-based approaches as well as phenotypic/pathway paradigms to identify, validate and prosecute disease-modifying approaches.
Key capabilities of Evotec’s neuroscience discovery platform
- State-of-the art imaging platform to access complex read-outs:
- Subcellular events: protein aggregation and localisation, post-translational modification, proteostasis and UPR
- Cell morphology: neurite outgrowth, synapse formation, spine morphology
- Cell survival: apoptosis, ER stress, mitochondria function and health
- Use complex cellular models to mimic disease biology: co-cultures (neurons and glia) and iPS/ES derived neuron populations