Poor physicochemical properties can present several challenges including:
- Poor pharmacokinetics (e.g., reduced GI tract absorption leading to decreased oral bioavailability)
- Reduced quality of the data from in vitro assays
- Delays in the drug discovery and development process - extending the time of progression of drug candidates into the clinic and resulting in considerable additional expense
- Reduced drug-like properties
Cyprotex offer a range of different physicochemical profiling screens including turbidimetric and thermodynamic solubility, chemical stability, pKa, and lipophilicity (log P and log D).
Our listed services can be found below. Can't see the assay you need? Please contact us with your requirements.
Physicochemical Profiling Services
- Turbidimetric Solubility
- Thermodynamic Solubility
- Chemical Stability and Non-Specific Binding Assessment
- pKa and log P
- log D Shake Flask
- Early formulation assessment
Can't see the assay you need? Please contact us with your requirements.